A warm tea bath can improve your skin health, reduce stress, and boost your overall well-being.
Our sense of smell is closely linked to our emotions. The olfactory bulb, which is responsible for our sense of smell, is located directly next to the amygdala, which is the part of the brain that processes emotions. This means that smells can have a powerful impact on our emotions, both positive and negative.
Green tea is a popular choice for a bath soak because it is loaded with antioxidants and other beneficial compounds that can improve your skin health and reduce inflammation. The volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in green tea, such as L-theanine, have been shown to have a calming effect on the central nervous system. When the scent of green tea is inhaled it increases the alpha wave activity in the brain, which is associated with a relaxed state of mind.
How to prepare your green tea bath.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water.
- Add 1-3 green tea bags to the water.
- Let the tea bags steep in the water for 5-10 minutes. This will allow the antioxidants and other beneficial compounds in the tea to be released into the water.
- Once the tea bags have steeped, remove them from the water.
- Relax in the bathtub for 20-30 minutes. This will give your skin time to absorb the antioxidants and other beneficial compounds in the tea. The refreshing and invigorating scent of the green tea will also help you feel calm and relaxed.
Enjoy your bath with the Dahl Farmhouse SHINE reed diffuser. While you soak the the scent of SHINE: green floral Bluebells with a hint of apple and bamboo combine with the crisp and clean scent of green tea fill the air enhancing the mood within your soul. https://dahlfarmhouse.com/products/shine-reed-diffuser
It is important to rinse the bathtub thoroughly after taking a bath with green tea. Wipe down with a cup of white vinegar. This will help to remove any excess tea leaves or residue that could cause staining.
To Shop the entire SHINE fragrance collection https://dahlfarmhouse.com/